Events could be subject to amendment, please verify with event organisers.
Scarlets Heritage Tour
Parc y Scarlets, Pemberton Retail Park, Llanelli SA14 9UZ.
The Scarlets heritage tour lasts approximately 45 to 75 minutes. Provides the option of guided or unguided. 10% discount for group bookings of 10 or more. Every Wednesday and Friday afternoon, every week. The Trail at Parc y Scarlets provides a range of visitor experiences and learning opportunities from 1872 onwards using audio, visual and interactive software methods to tell the story of Llanelli and its world famous rugby club.
01554 783900 scarlets.co.uk
Poet In Residence - Dave Woolley
Dylan Thomas Boathouse, Dylan's Walk, Laugharne, Carmarthenshire SA33 4SD.
David Woolley is a poet and freelance literature consultant. He was born in Plymouth, and began his literary life in SW England, where he edited the magazine West words for several years.
dylanthomasboathouse.com 01994 427420
August - 6 September
Mythical Maze Summer Reading Challenge
Children's Library, Llanelli Library, Vaughan Street, Llanelli.
The Mythical Maze is the national library summer reading challenge for children. Come and join us at Carmarthenshire Libraries where we hope to inspire children to use the library in the holidays and sign up for the challenge! The Mythical Maze will be running at all Carmarthenshire public libraries throughout the school break. Young readers are challenged to read 6 books or more and will receive prizes along the way.
carmarthenshire.gov.uk 01554 773538
2 - 10 August + 17, 24 & 31 August
Wendrich artHouse Open Studio
Temple Gallery, 1 Brickyard Cottages, Furnace, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire SA15 3DL.
12 noon - 5pm. Meet artists Harry and Nicola Wendrich in their tranquil garden studio beside Parc Howard. Harry and Nicola Wendrich draw inspiration for their artwork from their studies within the Western Mystery Tradition, and their experiences of things spiritual and prophetic. Exhibition includes original oil paintings from the Tree of Life of the Kabbalah and the Tarot. A display of Temple Crafts includes Meditation Aids, Hand-blended Planetary Incenses, Astrological Birth Charts and Calendars, and many unique and unusual gift items. Free entry.
2 - 31 August
Carmarthen Park Summer Events
- 2 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Children's Mini Challenge, inflatable fun.
- 3 August - 2.00pm. World War I Commemoration Service.
- 9 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Baby Bug Slide and Balloon Bouncer.
- 10 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Children's Mini Challenge, inflatable fun.
- 10 August - 2.00pm-4.00pm. Tenovus Choir - Sing With Us.
- 16 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. SHVR Classic Car Show, 100 classic cars, free entry.
- 16 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Climb and Slide Mega Slide.
- 17 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Harry Potter Bouncy Castle.
- 23 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Summo Wrestling 10-16 yrs.
- 23 August - 2.00pm. Park History Walk and Talk (45 mins).
- 24 August - 1.00-4.00pm. Children's Ball Pool with Soft Play and Hopasmiles.
- 24 August - 2.00-4.00pm. Jeff and Bob Musical Extravaganza, fun and laughter.
- 30 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Climb and Slide Mega Slide.
- 31 August - 10.00am-4.00pm. Bouncy Pirate Castle and Slide.
carmarthentowncouncil.gov.uk 01267 235205
2 - 31 August
Events at the National Botanic Gardens
National Botanic Garden of Wales, Llanarthne, Carmarthenshire SA32 8HN.
- 2 & 3 August - Summer Craft Fair. The best in Welsh local hand-crafted goods.
- 9 and 10 August - Falconry Weekend. Black Mountain Falconry show off their beautiful birds.
- 16 and 17 August - Wales Tree Festival. A celebration of everything that is good about wood.
- 23 to 25 August - Bank Holiday Fun for all the Family. There’s music, magic and balloon modelling with Folly Farm’s very own event-ter-tainer Mr Luke Jugglestruck plus magic fun and dancing from local folk duo Fiddlebox.
- 28 to 29 August - Tropical Inc. Meet the meerkats and other exotic animals. £2 charge.
- 30 to 31 August - Welsh Tapas Festival. A taste of Spain comes to the gardens in easy bite-sized portions.
Lifelong Learning Courses (01558 667150):
- 9 & 10 August - Woodturning.
- 30 August - Digital Photography.
gardenofwales.org.uk 01558 668768
3, 10 & 31 August
Car Boot Sale
The Showground, Nantyci, Carmarthen SA33 5DR.
unitedcounties.org 01267 232141
4 & 28 August
Free Family Activities
- 4 Aug - Discovery Centre Llanelli, 10.30am - 2pm, Family Walk & Healthy Eating workshop.
- 5 Aug - Parc Howard Mansion, 11.30 - 4pm, Family Walk, Arts & crafts & Healthy Eating workshop.
- 7 Aug - Pantyffynnon Unit, 11.30am - 4pm, Arts & crafts & Healthy Eating workshop.
- 8 Aug - Llanerch Hall 1.30pm - 4.00pm, Sports, Arts & crafts & Healthy Eating workshop.
- 13 Aug - Maengwynne Roundabout, 2.00pm - 4.00pm, Arts & Crafts, Fire Safety, Alcohol Awareness, & Healthy Eating tips.
- 19 Aug - Felinfoel - meet by the Mill Wheel 11am - 1pm, Nature Walk.
- 21 Aug - Parc Howard 2pm - 3pm, Nature walk.
- 28 Aug - Trimsaran Leisure Centre, 10.30am - 4.30pm, Sports, Games, Arts & Crafts, Healthy Eating Workshops, Fire Safety & the Library bus.
Communities First on 01554 784847
9 - 28 August
Events at Gwili Steam Railway
Gwili Steam Railway, Bronwydd Arms Station, Carmarthen SA33 6HT.
- 9 & 23 Aug - Evening Fish and Chip Special - 6-9pm. Vintage travel & a culinary classic. At the end of the day, what could be nicer than crispy battered cod and a generous portion of proper chips eaten in comfort on our newly restored vintage Heritage Diesel Railcar complete with Real Ale Bar. More...
- 7, 14, 21 & 28 Aug - Afternoon Cream Teas - Enjoy Afternoon Cream Tea on the steam train with fresh strawberries, local preserves, clotted cream and two large scones. Meander through the Gwili valley while your afternoon tea is served in the dining car. Teas served the 11:50, 13:20 and 14:50 on Thursdays throughout August and September. Booking essential. More...
gwili-railway.co.uk 01267 238213
29 & 30 August
The Ffwrnes, Park Street, Llanelli SA15 3YE.
7.30pm. £15.00. Following on from the success of last years variety concert, this one looks set to be just as entertaining. With acts born and bred in west Wales and many still currently appearing on the West End, television and national tours, there will be something to wet every appetite from singers to comedians, magicians to musicians. You won't be disappointed. Oh and 1 major surprise that will leave you in awe. Led by the Corp of drums and the voices community choir, this is one night you will not want to miss.
thearausirgar.co.uk 0845 226 3510
'Sister Sledge' and 'The Real Thing'
The Corran Resort, Laugharne, Carmarthenshire.
We are pleased to announce that on Saturday August 30th we have world renowned, multi platinum selling artists Sister Sledge and The Real Thing (plus special guests) performing at The Corran Resort & Spa. Tickets via our website at £42.50.
liveatthecorran.com 01994 427417
Cwmcrwth Farm, Broad Oak, Carmarthen SA32 8QP.
For those who just love pigs and for those looking at keeping them for the first time. Spend the day learning about keeping pigs, get hands on and the legal bits with pig breeder Rob Park at Cwmcrwth Farm Holiday Cottages Nr Llandeilo. Accommodation available on site if required. Dates: 30th August, 27 September, 11th October. 10am-4pm. Price: £80 per delegate. Lunch included.
cwmcrwthfarmcottages.co.uk 01558 669160
Llanarthne village show
Village Field, Llanarthne.
Llanarthne village show at the village field. Horticultural section, dog show and racing, zorbes, bouncy castle, quads, displays by the quack pack, karate club and clogging. Nantgaredig band will entertain throughout the afternoon. Vintage display and procession and a forestry section with displays of carving and chainsaw maintentence. Spinners and weavers also present. Open to the public at 12 noon but entries taken at 8am to 11am in the morning for the horticulural section. YFC sports to follow. entry is just £3 with children under 16 free.
Kidwelly Food and Craft Fair
Princess Gwenllian Centre, Kidwelly.
11 - 3pm. Free entry, raffle in aid of kidwelly doctors surgery. Vintage afternoon tea available. Local crafts. Come along for a lovely afternoon.
For a stall please contact sophie mangano on 07870 903420
30 & 31 August
Phil Bevan Track Day Bikes
Pembrey Circuit, Pembrey SA16 OHZ.
barcwales.com 01554 891042
Llanelli Standard Distance Triathlon
Millennium Coastal Park, Llanelli.
This event won the Welsh Triathlon Associations Event of the Year for 2013 and has already become one of the events of the year to take part in. This is a great open water Triathlon on the Welsh circuit and already in its 1st two years has attracted a large field of athletes. The event attracts 1st time triathletes or those giving open water triathlon a go for the very first time to the very experienced quality triathletes from across the UK. The event takes place at the North Dock in the Millennium Coastal Park and starts with a 1500m swim in the safe haven of the North Dock. A 40km bike ride follows and takes you down to the outskirts of the historic Town of Kidwelly which is a fast flat course before you return towards Llanelli and then head down to the Wetlands Centre and returning to transition at the North Dock. The 10km run is a two lapped course which takes you along the scenic Millennium Coastal Path with a fantastic finish outside the Discovery Centre. This is part of the Carmarthenshire Triathlon Series for 2014. The event starts at 7.30am and there will be 1 mass swim start. Triathletes can also donate or raise money for the MacMillan Cancer Charity which is Healthy Life Activities official charity for 2014.
healthylifeactivities.co.uk 07968 859260
This is not your regular charity event.... we will have GIJoe BootCamp, GI Juniors Bootcamp, food and drinks!
Sandy Water Park, Llanelli.
This is to raise money for Week On The Street, a brilliant charity that we are very fond of for its work, persistence and for what the money can do for them to help with Autism and Homelessness. All monies raised will go directly to the above. We are also doing a sponsored Log Run! This will be from Sandy Water Park to Burry Port and back carrying a log weighing over 40kgs between a small team. The Charity Event is being held it Sandy Water Park.
facebook.com 07837 113752
Table Top Sale
Coleshill Centre, Coleshill Terrace, Llanelli SA15 3BT.
1pm to 4pm. £5 per pitch table included (set up 12.30pm) (Just Add Spice - 3 Time credits per pitch). Refreshments available.